Teacher’s questions for Electronic skin
Teacher’s Questions for Electronic Skin
- List a few electronic devices that people use to keep track of their health.
- Describe the size of the electronic device developed by Rogers and his collaborators that sticks on skin.
- Name three things about the wearer that the devices can record.
- Where can the information recorded by the devices be sent?
- Name two places other than skin where the devices can be stuck and what they record there.
- Describe an EEG and what it does.
- Explain two problems with EEGs.
- What is silicon used for?
- What challenge did scientists face when trying to use silicon for electronic devices that stick on skin and other body parts? Describe how the scientists solved this problem.
- Why is it important for scientists to develop medical tracking devices that are small and wireless?
- Would you wear one of the sticky electronic devices on your skin or another body part? Explain why or why not.
- Can you think of any problems that may result from an increasing number of people wearing wireless electronic devices that track body and brain activity?