- Have you ever seen a mummy? Describe what one looks like.
- Explain the difference between a mummy and a skeleton
- Name two cultures that mummified their dead. Name one culture that mummifies their dead still today.
- Describe the kinds of environments that can preserve, or mummify, a body naturally.
- Describe some of the things that Ron Beckett saw inside the mummy Moimango while using an endoscope.
- How does a CT scanner “see” inside a mummy or its coffin?
- What kind of disease did scientists find evidence of in some of the Egyptian mummies placed in a CT scanner? Why did this finding surprise scientists?
- What was Ötzi’s last meal? Describe how scientists figured this out
1. How do you think scientists studied ancient mummies before technologies such as CT scans and endoscopes were available?
- Are ancient mummies valuable to humans today? Explain your answer.