- Describe what makes a weed different from other plants.
- Give two examples of a weed.
- Explain how weeds on a farm can damage crops.
- What are three different ways to control weeds without using an herbicide?
- Describe three different ways farmers can use glyphosate without it harming crops.
- Name two of the 21 species of weed that have become resistant to glyphosate.
- How does glyphosate kill a weed?
- How does palmer pigweed resist being killed by glyphosate?
- How does horseweed resist being killed by glyphosate?
- Scientists have developed crops that are resistant to other things — name one example. Has genetically altering the food created a new problem?
- How do weeds on a farm harm more than just the crops?
- Describe two methods to control weeds. Name one pro and one con for each method.
- Explain why you think the battle against weeds can or cannot be won.
- Explain why you would or would not use herbicides on your own garden or yard.
- Explain why you would or would not eat foods that are genetically modified, such as the glyphosate-resistant crops and the insect-resistant corn.