1. How do dogs and wolves differ?
2. What does it mean to domesticate an animal? Give examples of at least five animals that have been domesticated.
1. According to Clive Wynne, what is “the clearest result” being reported by the authors of the new study?
2. What inspired Hannah Salomons to compare the wolf and dog pups?
3. What is domestication and what aspects of dogs has it changed?
4. What is the biological relationship between dogs and wolves?
5. How did Salomons and her colleagues test for differences in the behaviors of dog and wolf pups? Afterward, what did they conclude?
6. Domestication has turned dogs into what type of “missiles,” according to the story?
1. Some people liken domestication to taming an animal. But there are differences. For instance, you might tame a feral cat in several months. Domestication can take millennia. Do some research on domestication. Based on what you learned, how you would characterize the difference between taming and domestication?