- Look up the definitions for “gender identity” and “sex.” Are the two terms interchangeable? Why or why not?
- How important is it to feel comfortable in one’s own identity?
- How many U.S. high schoolers identify as transgender?
- Some people want to restrict gender-affirming health care for minors. What are their reasons? Major medical associations are against restrictions on gender-affirming care. What are their reasons?
- What does gender-affirming health care look like for kids who have not yet started puberty? What are the potential benefits of this care?
- What do we know about how gender evolves with age? What do we not know?
- What are puberty blockers? What are the potential benefits of these medications? What are the potential risks?
- What is masculinizing hormone therapy? What is feminizing hormone therapy?
- What are the potential benefits of hormone therapy? What are the potential risks?
- Who is eligible for gender-affirming surgery?
- What does current research show about how often people regret gender-affirming health care?
- What is detransitioning? What are the most common reasons to detransition?
- Imagine that your local lawmakers passed a law restricting access to gender-affirming health care for transgender minors. How might that law affect transgender kids in your community?