1. What is the definition of racism?
2. Have you ever been hurt by the words or actions of another person? How did it make you feel?
1. What are some of the ways Black children experience racism?
2. According to Elan Hope of North Carolina State University, what percentage of teens experienced at least one type of racism in the past year?
3. Nkemka Anyiwo at the University of Pennsylvania pointed to one study that found many U.S. teens encounter a high number racist incidents every day. On average, how many incidents per day was that?
4. How does Hope’s team explain why 16 percent of Black teens report experiencing no racism whatsoever?
5. True or false: The more a teen is stressed by racism, the more likely he or she will participate in actions to fight it.
6. What are some ways Black teens protest racism?
1. What are some examples of “cultural” racism? How to do they play out in society? Give an example you may know about.