- What does “nanoparticle” mean to you?
- What are some of the ways doctors can deliver medicines to where your body needs them?
- If something has a name that starts with “nano,” approximately how big is it?
- What can nanomedicines do that bigger molecules in medicine can’t?
- What is unusual about the physics of nanoparticles?
- Define “free radical.”
- What is Parkinson’s disease?
- How might nanoparticles help treat Parkinson’s?
- Name five different shapes that nanoparticles can be made into.
- Why did researchers in Korea add a polymer coating to spherical nanoparticles?
- Why could some nanomedicines have harmful side effects?
- What happened when scientists added nanoparticles to the tubing of a bypass machine?
- Describe some of the ways nanomedicines could help doctors and patients. Now think about a disease that is important to you. How could you imagine nanomedicines improving its diagnosis or treatment?
- What are some of the challenges facing the scientists who are trying to develop nanomedicines?