Teacher’s Questions for Blood Does a Body Good
1. Why is blood important? What does it do?
- List five functions of blood.
- Name and briefly describe the four primary components of blood.
- How do blood cells and blood vessels “talk” to each other?
- Explain the difference between innate immunity and acquired immunity.
- Explain why blood clots can be both a good thing and a bad thing.
- Where are blood cells made? Name the kind of cell that can make blood cells.
- How can people keep their blood healthy?
- If a person develops problems with their blood, what kind of procedure can doctors perform to try to make blood healthy again?
- Have you ever donated blood? What do you think donated blood is used for?