1. What are some examples of biases that people hold about various groups of people?
2. What do you think could cause someone to be biased against another person?
1. What is an implicit bias?
2. What can people do to identify their own implicit biases?
3. Where do implicit biases come from?
4. What are three common types of implicit bias?
5. What evidence did Seth Gershenson find that implicit bias affects the education system?
6. How can bias affect professional advancement in a job?
7. How does the Implicit Association Test work?
8. What main finding did Cecilia Hyunjung Mo report when studying gender bias?
9. In her research, what did Maddalena Marini learn about weight bias in a country and the share of people there who had weight problems?
10. What can weaken implicit biases?
1. What are two steps you could take to identify and/or counter your own implicit biases?
2. What would you like to see your teacher or school do to help students understand implicit biases and their effects?